The County Council makes arrangements for the admission of children to this school age 7+. A detailed description of the arrangements is contained in the booklet “Applying for a school for your child 2017-18”. A copy can be obtained from the School Admissions Section, Education Department, PO Box 4, County Hall, St Anne's Crescent, Lewes, BN7 1SG (Tel: 0345 6080190). A copy is also available for inspection in the school.
However, parents, may find it helpful to know that, if there are insufficient places available to meet demand, these will be allocated to children in accordance with this list of priorities:
- Looked after children and children who were looked after, but ceased to be so because they were adopted (or subject to residence orders or special guardianship orders) immediately following being looked after.
- Children who will have a brother or sister* at the school (or a linked infant or junior school) at the time of admission and who live at the same address, within the pre-defined community area**.
- Children wishing to transfer between a linked*** infant and junior school.
- Other children living within a pre-defined community area**.
- Children who will have a brother or sister* at the school (or linked infant or junior school) at the time of admission who live at the same address, outside the pre-defined community area**.
- Other children.
*Children are ‘siblings’ if they are full, half, adoptive or foster brother or sister living in the same household.
**The Eastbourne Community area is shown on the map
***Linked infant and junior schools
|Motcombe Community School||Ocklynge Junior School|
|Parkland Infant School||Parkland Junior School|
|Pashley Down Infant School||Ocklynge Junior School|
|Roselands Infant School||Stafford Junior School|
|St Andrew’s CE Infant School||Tollgate Community Junior School|
|West Rise Community Infant School||West Rise Junior|
Children who have a brother or sister who joined the school prior to 1 September 2017 and who is still on roll will be admitted under the previous arrangement which gave priority to brothers and sisters regardless of whether they live in the pre-defined community area or not.
The Parkland Federation follows the ESCC policy in terms of over subscription.